Simple Egg White Recipes You Didn’t Know You Needed
So let’s say one day you have the urge to bake Choco-chip cookies, and with an artist like fluency, you flounce around the oven, mixing your ingredients and then watch your baby grow golden and crisp in the oven light. The aroma of the freshly baked bad boys makes you lose your mind, and you savor every bit of them to crumbs (maybe with some help), only to wake up the next morning, all hung over with last night’s recklessness and went to the kitchen to find out a bowl full of lonely egg white staring back at you. You left it behind, and now you feel guilty. What to do with these, how to cook egg whites now, you ask?
Well, here are five egg white recipes listed below, that will save you from the guilt trip, casting spells on your taste buds in the meantime. Egg white or albumen is high in protein but low in calories, which make these egg white recipes all the more alluring.
The Good Ol’ Omelette
If you’re a fitness freak and like to keep your calories in control, this egg white recipe is just the right meal option for you. A LA style, egg white omelette is light and healthy. If you can go ahead and finish it off under a grill, you should achieve a soufflé finish. You can also try and experiment with egg yolk and egg white ratio-adding a couple of egg whites to a standard omelette make it fluffier. So beat away all the calories (pun intended) and serve yourself with some quick, healthy omelettes among the various other recipes using egg whites.
Egg White Recipe with Peanut Butter and Banana
Rejoice! As summer is coming, and so are the excuses to drink yummy and healthy smoothies all day! This egg white recipe is just what you need to beat the heat and treat your taste buds.
- Just combine two frozen bananas, a cup of frozen yogurt, 1/2 a cup of egg white and ½ cup of milk with some peanut butter, honey and vanilla extract in a blender and process until smooth.
- Pour into a glass and garnish with some toppings and voila! Sip away to defeat the summer heat!
Banana Walnut Pancake
When you think of what to do with egg whites, pancakes are the most common answer. This banana walnut pancake is one of the irresistible recipes with egg whites, which is also super easy to make.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- Mix milk, mashed banana, egg whites in a separate bowl until well blended. Let it stand for 10 minutes. Stir in chopped walnuts.
- Spray a large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium heat.
- Ladle the batter into the skillet with cooking spray, using a ¼ cup of batter for each pancake.
- Cook both sides until golden brown and puffy. And there you have a yummy stack of fluffy pancakes!
This is an ideal breakfast packed with the goodness of walnuts to give you the perfect boost for the day ahead.
Chocolate Satin Chews
This egg white recipe is a fancy feast you can try out to impress your friends and smack your awesomeness on their face.
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Stir together sugar, flour, and cocoa in a large mixing bowl.
- Add egg whites and beat until blended. Stir in oats, nuts, and cranberries.
- Drop the mixture by tablespoons on baking sheets and bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool for 1 minute on baking sheet. And bingo!
Chew away these Munchy treats whenever your sweet tooth is tingling! This recipe can come in handy, especially when children come trick-or-treating. Now you don’t have to go broke in October and let some children in whacky costumes munch away your bank balance. Jolly good!
2-Minute Chocolate Mug Cake
This one has got to be the quickest egg white recipe ever to exist. If you’re someone who has no patience when it comes to sweet cravings, then this egg white recipe is just the right fit for you.
- Add 2 tablespoons self-rising flour (or use a teaspoon of baking powder with regular flour instead), 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 4 tablespoons of sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, 1 egg white into a mug and whisk it with a fork.
- Microwave it for 2 minutes and then let it cool for a minute. And done!
This egg white recipe is easy, chocolaty and it uses the most regular ingredients to conjure up a mug full of beauty to suit your midnight cravings. With this instant recipe, every day is now a cheat day!
These egg white recipes are not only easy and quick but are also pocket-friendly, so that you don’t have to prioritize between college tuitions and fool. Think of an occasion, and there is at least one egg white recipe ready to rock the party, without you having to spend a fortune on it. So now you know what to make with egg whites that you had cruelly left behind in your journey of baking. Who thought they could be so handy, right? Your biting conscience shall leave you alone hitherto. You are welcome.
Find More Recipes- Foodnetwork