Often when you have visited seashore or a very sunny place, you will see that the covered areas of your body are much lighter in shade than the uncovered portions. This situation occurs because the area of your body that you exposed to the sun have got a suntan or better known as sunburn.
You get a suntan on your body due to a component in your body known as melanin. Melanin secretion is necessary because it helps the skin from various damages. It is due to the melanin that you get the tone of your skin. People who have more melanin secretion have dark skin tone while people with lesser secretion have a lighter tone.
This is the reason when you are out in the sun; the melanin prevents your skin from being damaged by the sun rays. Thus, the area where melanin secretion is high turns to darker in shade than the places that are covered. People with dark skin tone have sun-tan that turns their skin to dark brownish shade. While fair-skinned people get the red shade of skin while they get a suntan.
If you have a suntan, if looks miserable and ugly. Some excellent home remedies can help you in getting rid of such tans if you do not wish to use chemical or cosmetic treatments.
Lemon juice has astringent properties that help to remove the suntan from your skin very easily. The citrus fruits can also work as natural bleach. This is one useful remedy among the several home remedies for suntan.
- Extract the juice of one whole lemon in a bowl.
- Add a teaspoon of honey in it.
- Now apply the blend to the affected area of your skin.
- Leave it for some time and then wash it off with cold water.
Yogurt comprises of lactic acid and also some good bacteria that offers an anti-oxidant property. It is a great way to remove suntan and leave your skin smooth and glowing.
- Apply some fresh yogurt on the affected skin area.
- Leave it for some time to dry and get absorbed into the skin.
- Now after some time, rub some slightly crushed sugar on it.
- This method will work as a scrub and will exfoliate your skin.
- Now wash with fresh cold water.
Aloe vera pulp has great anti-inflammatory as well as antioxidant properties. So, it not only removes the tan from your skin but also cures the rashes of your skin due to tan. Aloe vera is one of the most popular home remedies for suntan.
- Take an aloe vera leaf and peel it off with a knife.
- Now grind the gel structure.
- Apply the paste on your skin.
- Leave it for some time and then rinse away with cold water.
Potato is an amazing anti-oxidant agent as it compromises of carbohydrate, minerals and vitamins. This works as one of the best home remedies for suntan.
- Peel of a big potato and grind it in a grinder.
- Take out the paste and add few drops of lemon juice to it.
- Apply the thick paste on the affected skin area.
- Leave it for some time. Then wash it off with cold water.
Gram Flour is a great exfoliation agent that removes the dead cells of the skin and leaves a clear looking skin tone. It can be mixed with several other ingredients to get better results in removing suntan.
- Mix a tablespoon of gram flour with few a drops of lemon. Apply this on the skin and wash away with cold water after it dries up.
- Mix a tablespoon of gram flour with tomato juice. Apply it on the affected and wash off when it dries.
- Mix a tablespoon of gram flour with milk cream. Apply it on the skin. Leave for some time till it dries. Then wash away with cold water.
Cucumber has cooling properties. It has a high quantity of water and also vitamin C and silica. All these together, help in maintaining a natural glow on the skin.
- Peel off a cucumber and grind it to a paste in a grinder.
- Mix the paste with some fresh yogurt.
- Add some tomato juice to it.
- Apply the mixture to the affected skin areas.
- Leave it for some time.
- When you the skin has dried up, wash it away with cold water.
Milk with its various nutrients and vitamins helps in removing the carbonic particles from the skin. Also, it helps in skin lightening and removing of tan.
- Take a tablespoon of gram flour.
- Pour some milk into it and mix well.
- Now add some drops of lemon in it.
- Apply the mixture on the affected skin area and leave for some time.
- After the pack dries up, you can wash it with cold water.
Sandalwood is a natural astringent with cooling and skin lightening properties. You can use white, red and yellow sandalwoods with various other ingredients in removing suntan from your skin.
- Take some sandalwood extract. It can be a paste or in powder form.
- Add proportionate amount of honey to it.
- Add a few drop of lemon.
- Apply the paste on your skin and leave it till it dries.
- When it has dried, you can slowly rub the skin and wash with cold water.
Almond is a combination of vitamins, minerals, protein and fiber. Thus, it can exfoliate your skin to remove dead cells and can also work as a skin tone corrector. This is one of the amazing home remedies for suntan.
- Soak some almonds in water and leave by overnight.
- In the morning peel them off and grind them into a fine paste in a grinder.
- Now add some sandalwood paste to it.
- Add a few drops of lemon to it.
- Add some rose water to make it a
- Apply the paste on your skin and leave for some time to dry.
- After it dried up, run your skin gently and then wash with cold water.
The oatmeal powder is natural sun-tan remover as it has the properties of exfoliation, cleaning, anti-inflammation and many others.
- You use the oatmeal powder by mixing it with milk cream and applying it to the skin.
- You can mix oatmeal powder honey and lemon to apply it on the skin.
- Also, you can mix the oatmeal powder with yogurt and cucumber and apply it on your skin.
- Leave the packs on your skin for 10-15 minutes and then wash away with cold water.
With the passing time, the sun rays are getting stronger and stronger. So, chances of sun-tan are also getting increased. In this situation, it is always recommended to cover your skin properly in the sun and use sunscreen lotions. But still if you sun-tan, you can use these excellent home remedies for suntan without any side effects.