How Can You Cut Down Recipes?
Cooking is one of the hobbies people are developing during the quarantine. Recipes available for cooking are generally long and some times have to cut down for easy understanding. Here is the guide on how can you cut down recipes. When you have to cut down recipes, it can be quite useful for sure. Mostly it is done so that people don’t have to use the whole recipe that is too big, and they can have the joys of baking.
Also, in certain cases, people tend to cut the recipes when the ingredients tend to get a bit expensive. However, people mostly forget that modification of a proper and perfect recipe is complicated and complex, no matter how useful it is.
If you have to find out half of 1 cup, it would be simple for sure. It is ½ cup. But then do you know what half of the ¾ cup is? No right? Well, you might start looking into it because it is essential to have the correct measurements for a recipe to work.
That is especially the case when you are trying to make cakes. There is a lot of chemistry involved, and you need precision to make the recipe perfect. Hence, you need to be very careful when you are trying to cut the recipe. Here we are going to talk about it a little bit so that you can have an understanding of cutting the recipes down to perfection.
Cutting The Recipe In Half
Do you want to know what is half of 1/3 cup or what is half of 2/3 cup? Well, this is the right place to be to know that. When you have to cut a recipe by half, it is comparatively more comfortable than the other cutting options. Hence, home cooks can make the decision very easy. Here we are going to mention some of the measurements that you definitely should know about.
Halving a recipe is a common and easy conversion for home cooks to make. Refer to this list of cooking conversions the next time you need to do some fast math:
- Half of the ¼ cup almost equals to 2 tbsp
- Half of the ⅓ cup almost equals to 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
- Half of the ½ cup almost equals ¼ cup
- Half of the ⅔ cup almost equals to ⅓ cup
- Half of the ¾ cup almost equals to 6 tbsp
- Half of 1 cup almost equals ½ cup
- Half of 1 tbsp almost equals to 1 ½ tsp
- Half of 1 tsp almost equals to ½ tsp
- Half of ½ tsp almost equals to ¼ tsp
- Half of ¼ tsp almost equals to ⅛ tsp
- Half of ⅛ tsp almost equals to a dash
So, now you can figure out what is half of the ¼ cup or any other measurement that you need to know about. Can you guess how many cups is a stick of butter? Well, it would be half a cup.
Cutting The Recipe In Thirds
When you need to cut a recipe in thirds, here are some things that you need to know.
- One-third of ¼ cup almost equals to 1 tbsp + 1 tsp
- One-third of ⅓ cup almost equals to 1 tbsp + 2 ¼ tsp
- One-third of ½ cup almost equals to 2 tbsp + 2 tsp
- One-third of ⅔ cup almost equals to 3 tbsp + 1 ½ tsp
- One-third of ¾ cup almost equals ¼ cup
- One-third of 1 cup almost equals to ⅓ cup
- One-third of 1 tbsp almost equals to 1 tsp
- One-third of 1 tsp almost equals to a heaping ¼ tsp
- One-third of ½ tsp almost equals to a scant ¼ tsp
- One-third of ¼ tsp almost equals to a scant ⅛ tsp
- One-third of ⅛ tsp almost equals to a dash
So, this is all you need to know about cutting a recipe in the best way to create cakes and bakes.