The GOP Tweets Fake Climate ‘Science’ News from Breitbart

breitbartdenial-300x287The US House Committee on Science, Space and Technology recently tweeted an article by Breitbart, stating “@BreitbartNews: Global Temperatures Plunge. Icy Silence From Climate Alarmists.”

Even with global temperatures increasing every day, Breitbart published an article saying how global warming is fake and global temperatures are actually decreasing. Breitbart has often been criticized for publishing hateful and fake news, such as this one. What is more alarming is that the CEO, Steve O’Bannon, is now the chief strategist for President-elect Donald Trump.

This actually shows where the United States could also be heading with their actions towards climate change. Bernie Sanders’ responded to the committee’s tweet: “Where’d you get your PhD? Trump University?”

 

America’s take on Climate Change

Climate Change

While the most developed and developing countries are making the switch to cleaner energy, the US is still concerned with fossil fuel. After the presidential transition, not much could be expected from the US, as the president-elect does not believe in climate change at all.

With that being said a staggering 30% of the Americans still believe that the climate change is not real. The remaining 70% disagree on why it is occurring. Moreover, people in the US also give a low priority to the fact that the climate is changing.

Also, the House Committee on Science, Space and Technology, chaired by climate-change denier Lamar Smith, has unsuccessfully in the past tried to slash NASA’s budget. By cutting NASA’s fund, we will basically go back to the dark ages. The president-elect’s space policy advisor, Bob Walker, also stated that “climate research is necessary but it has been heavily politicized”.

None of these people have any independent expertise in climate science. If they are getting their information about climate science from fake news, then the world is really in a lot of danger.

Source: FAIR

You may also like...

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.