iPhone and Android Users Have Stark Personality Differences
It is official, iPhone and Android users have their personality differences that can be determined from their phones. It is no secret that the smartphones we use have become digital versions of ourselves. Not only are smartphones very intimate devices, but they also reveal a lot about the user.
The report was published by medicalnewstoday.com which you are read here. The study was conducted among 500 participants. They were asked about their feelings towards their smartphones. This was followed by a computer test that was used to determine what phones they are actually using. Uncannily, the predictions turned out to be very accurate.
Key Personality Differences
The study was a collaborative effort between the University of Lincoln, Lancaster University, and the University of Hertfordshire, all in the United Kingdom. Here are the key points that can be taken from the study.
- The comparison showed that iPhone users are twice as likely to be a female.
- iPhone users are more concerned about their phone being a status object than an Android user. However, they are less concerned about owning phones that are preferred by most people.
- iPhone users are more extroverted than Android users.
- Android users are mostly older male with lesser interest in wealth or social status.
- Android users are more agreeable, generally more honest and are less likely to break rules for personal gain.
There are also differences between televisions channels and shows watched. The entire study has been published here.
Based on these findings, the computer program was developed that could predict the ownership of smartphones. Co-lead author Dr. David Ellis, Lancaster University said,
“In this study, we demonstrate for the first time that an individual’s choice of smartphone operating system can provide useful clues when it comes to predicting their personality and other individual characteristics.”
Despite the differences, Android users are much more in number than iPhone users. Moreover, Apple devices have a high price tag, whereas Android devices are way lower. No doubt, devices like Google Pixel and Samsung Galaxy S7 can be used as a status symbol too.