How To Make A Mysore Masala Dosa At Home? Recipe And List of Ingredients
Mysore masala dosa— Yum Yum Yum
South Indian food is, no doubt, filled with various flavors that form a blast of taste in your mouth. Take Dosa, for example. The crispy outer layer of the regular dosa and the rich inside filled with masala is the perfect combination that anyone would want with their Sambar, right?
Well, in this article, we are going to talk about Mysore Masala dosa, which is another type of regular dosa with a Mysore Masala kick. For those who want to know about the amazing Mysore Masala Dosa recipe, we are here with the details.
List of ingredients to make Mysore Masala Dosa
- 1 Cup Rice which is partially-boiled
- 1/4 cup Black gram or Urad dal
- 3 tbsp Semolina
- 3 tbsp Toor dal
- 1 tsp Methi seeds or fenugreek seeds
- Salt to taste
For The Masala Of the Dosa:
- 250 grams of Potatoes
- Onions properly sliced 1 cup
- 1 tsp garlic finely chopped
- Ginger finely chopped 1 tsp
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves finely chopped
- Green chilies as per requirement
- Salt to taste
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
For The Red Chutney:
- 5-6 cloves of Garlic
- A tad bit of Ginger
- 2 Red chilies
- 1/2 Onion finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Chana dal that is fried
- Salt as per taste
Method of Making Mysore Masala Dosa
The first thing that you need to do is soak all of the ingredients in water apart from the Semolina seeds and set that aside for about 4 hours.
Now mix up the semolina, water, and salt to create a batter and leave that overnight for fermentation to happen.
Making The Masala
- Boil the potatoes, peel them, and make a mask.
- Grind the ginger, coriander, garlic, green chilies, as well as the onions and form a paste.
- Heat some oil in the pan and put the mustard seeds inside.
- Put the onions that remain in the pan and sauté that for some time. Now it is time to add the past and fry the entire thing.
- Once that is done, you can add the potatoes, curry leaves, and some salt to taste into that.
- The masala is ready.
For the Red Chutney
Roast some chana dal till they are brown and then add some ginger-garlic-onion paste into the mixture. Blend the whole thing to make a paste.
Prepare The Dosa
After the Semolina batter has been fermented, heat some oil in the pan and put batches of the batter one by one to make crisp dosas out of that.
So, there you go, people. This is how you can make the Mysore Masala Dosa. Try it out now and have a great time cooking. We hope you got the complete recipe of making mysore masala dosa at home and now you can prepare without taking anyone’s help.